About Me

My photo
I try to live up to Invictus. I fail often.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Am I Injured, Or am I hurt?

There is this saying in the army that if you are hurt, you can go on, but if you are injured you should get things checked out. Well I am probably injured right now, although no one knows it. On day 1 of combatives, I hurt my ribs. I cant describe really how it happened but I can describe what the injury is like. Every time to turn my body from left to right, my ribs pop, and I have a sharp pain. Not to mention the fact that it seems to be bulging a little from my body. On day 3 of combatives, I am sure I had a minor separation of my left shoulder. It sucks right now.

However, given how bad I want to get this crap over with and how much I hate making excuses, I rolled on that mat, and did PT for all 5 days hurt/injured whatever. I didnt and wont go to sick call because I may be recycled and have to go through this stuff again. So, my decision is made. I am going to suck it up and drive on. I have decided that I am only a little hurt. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LT. I'm so proud of you! However a bit concerned about your injury... as long as your not having trouble breathing..i.e shortness of breath-Drive on and Drink Water Soldier!

On a lighter note think of the "Good Times".. Take your right pinkie finger and slowy move it towards your lip and say HMMMMMMM!

TTYS!