About Me
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Week 2 RECAP
I have been doing a horrible job keeping this thing up to date. Kinda sucks when you are busy all the time. Week 2 was all about death by power point and combatives. The week went like this; Wake-Up was around 5, Physical Training (PT) at 6. Chow at 7. Classroom classes on weapon systems from 8:30-11:30, chow from 11:30-12:30. Combatives from 1-5pm. The classes were kinda boring but combatives was not. Most people were pretty amped up for day 1 of combatives, but that zeal wore down as the week progressed, people got sore, tired and injuries mounted. Not to mention we were doing some pretty good PT every morning of the week as well. I started at 100% and by day 4 I was operating at 40% at best. I saw at least 3 serious injuries of other people, a broken clavicle, a shoulder dislocation and a muscle tear in the shoulder. In addition to that stuff, we received a writing assignment from our platoon mentor to give a bio about ourselves. Luckily, I had already written some type of bio for this blog so that wasnt hard. In addition, I led PT twice and had to do risk assessments and PT outlines for that. We also put together out gear all week, and some students had to give those death by powerpoint classes mentioned above (to include me). All in all it was a long tough week. I partied hard to celebrate the end of it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment