I have never been so bored during a military training event in my life. Because BOLC II is the first step in most officer's careers, there is much emphasis placed on the in-processing process. It took literally 5 days to fill out maybe 10 forms, get shots, take a PT test, and hear everybody and their momma come speak to us. Here is how it broke down.
Sunday: In processing paperwork all day.
Monday:
Wake-up 0415
First Formation: 0515
0530- 0700- PT (A 1 mile "jog" around the PT test area, nothing major because we have the all important PT test coming up.)
0700- 0800- Personal Hygiene and Breakfast ( Let me stop and say I am on the BOLC II diet. Which means every time we are supposed to eat, if something else is going on at the same time, you dont really have time to eat that meal. I missed this meal because over 200 males share about 6 bathrooms to shower in. Great Start.
0800- 1100 AG In Processing ( Holy Shit!!! it took approximately 3 hours to fill out two forms on life insurance. Two forms that I completed prior to my arrival here. I wasted three hours of my life, and I got the HURRY UP AND WAIT response when I tried to get out of it. Good Times)
1100-1200- Lunch ( My first "meal" on post. It was actually alright too.)
1300-1600 CIF Issue ( This is where you get all your military gear for the training period. Again there are 235 people that must get gear, and things are done alphabetically, so lets just say I hate being a "Smith" sometimes.)
1600 Move back to company area and are pretty much done for the day. Too Easy!
Tuesday:
Wakeup 0415
First formation 0445
0500-0700- Blood Draw/ TB Test (I didnt get my blood drawn, just the TB test, again the "Smith"thing comes to bite me again.)
0700-0800- Breafast ( I actually ate this time)
0800- 1130- Blood Draw/ Dental Exam/ Optometry- (waste of TIME!!!! and took forever)
1145- Lunch
1300- Finance Brief ( the only brief I actually needed because my pay is all jacked up)
1500- Company Commander and 1st Sgt Brief ( I was told about 20 times that I am here to improve leadership and to not do anything stupid. Sure I wont!!!!!)
1700- Chow and the day is OVER!!!!!!
Wednesday:
Wakeup 0415
0500- PT (Physical Training test for all you non-mil folk) Test ( I killed it, TOO EASY. But since I weigh 196 and I am 5'11, I had to be taped (tape measured) for body fat composition. The army has labeled me a "fat boy" which is hysterical if you have ever seen me. I passed the body fat test as well with a couple "why is he being taped" comments from the people conducting the test.
0700- Chow ( I missed it because I was being taped. Of course they want the fat boys to miss chow)
0800- Pee Pee test (OK HUGE waste of time, not because I hate the pee test, but a urinalysis test for 235 Lieutenants should have more people administering and observing. The way they did it here, it took 5 hours)
1130 -Chow (some missed because of the Pee test, again the BOLC II diet)
1300- Commo Class ( Maybe worthless for some, useful for others)
1500- Briefings
1700- Chow ( Missed this one because of a cleaning detail. After this one I went to the commissary and went grocery shopping. THEY WONT STARVE ME DAMNIT!!!)
Thursday:
I wont go hour by hour, just know PT then medical all damn day. But there was an interesting development. Someone stole a computer monitor out of the computer lab in our barracks, so now its closed to us. I then went out to get a wireless internet card. Oh and I had to miss dinner chow because of that monitor. Damn Thieves.
Friday:
OMG 8 hours of briefs after PT!
So in conclusion, this week has been pretty boring with all of the preliminary stuff, but getting off at 5 or so has been nice. Next week should be better.
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
0415 Wake-up! One of the many reasons I would never make it in the military. Great to have a way to keep up with what's going on with you, we miss you!
Post a Comment